Thursday, September 10, 2009

CJ Spiller's Bad Move

Watching tonight's Georgia Tech - Clemson game, I just can't help but feel bad for CJ Spiller. Do you think he's regretting his college decision as much as I think he is? Shoot, I don't think I'd ever forgive myself for a mistake like that.

Think about it, at any of the big powerhouses he would be a shoe-in Heisman candidate. Even at a smaller school, he'd at least be a household name and the real showcase every time they lined up against a major opponent.

Instead, he choose Clemson, where he's been stuck in muddling mediocrity for his career. Never good enough to really enter the BCS and Heisman picture, never bad enough to turn the games in to his private showcase. In fact, they don't even play enough quality opponents in the ACC to get the national attention he would in other conferences. His best year was his freshman year, with everything since being just a disappointment. And he has yet to top the ever-powerful 1,000 yard mark.

No matter how you look at it, from a football standpoint - he made a bad move.

No comments: