Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Derrick Rose will look good in a Bulls jersey

Lets just hope that Paxson doesn't screw this up.

I know everyone out in inter-web land is dying to know my thoughts on the NBA Finals, so here ya go:
  • I just can't stand that the Celtics won. No other city of fans is more annoying IMO than Boston - I guess it doesn't help that I know a whole bunch of them and have been privy to their "fandom" for years. That said, Kobe is still a whiny bitch, and the Lakers have to be the ugliest team of the decade. I just couldn't' come up with a valid reason to root for either team, other than the fact that if the Lakers won, I wouldn't have to put up with the overblown Celtic fellatio.
  • It's been said over and over again since the clinching game, but it bears repeating. Kobe once and for all put to rest the whole "as good as Jordan" thing. He's not, never was, never will be.
  • Kevin Garnett is a good player, but I don't think he's an all-world superstar. He's got talent, athleticism and drive like no other, but he just hasn't been able to put it all together to be the superstar he should have been. I'm not saying he's bad, in fact I still think he's a top-50 player ever. But with the combination of skills and desire he has? He should have been nothing less than top-5. And he's not.
  • I'm glad it didn't go 7 games; I don't think I could have handled another game of "waiting for Kobe to break out." So disappointed in his 6 games.
  • The ABC/ESPN announcing crew was fantastic. I think this is the first time I've ever complimented a crew before.
  • Rondo's got skills. This kid is turning into one hell of a pro PG, someone I'd gladly take on my team.
  • Odom not driving to the rim every time he had the ball had to be the most frustrating thing in the world to watch as a Laker fan. The one quarter he attacked the rim, the Lakers played their best ball. BUT HE ONLY DID IT FOR ONE FREAKING QUARTER!
  • Finally, congrats to the C's. I doubted you, and you proved me wrong in fine fashion. I tip my cap.

Now that that's over with.... it's almost draft day. I really enjoy that the Bulls are picking 1 this year, not only for the player, but for the fact that I can watch the first pick and then zone out for a while.

Also, must say that it's sad to see Will Leitch leave Deadspin. I wouldn't be writing this right now if it wasn't for Deadspin and Leitch. Cheers to you, sir. The series of connected tubes will miss you.

No comments: